You are looking for a Turkish, Persian or Arab Language which emphasis on History and Cultural Programme and/or you are totally commited to live Student City of Heidelberg
University of Heidelberg , Germany
- Department of Languages and Cultures of the Middle East
- Ottoman and Turkish Studies
1. The Arab Study Programme: Which is based on the knowledge of Arabic and its different geographical and historical characteristics especially the study of literature, religion and cultural history of the Arab world from the 7th Century to the present day is dedicated.
2. The Ottoman-Turkish Study Programme is focued of the history and culture of Ottoman Empire and the close areas in Southeast Europe, Caucasus which includes Iran. The Student emphasis is on learning the Turkic language in its modern and classic stage (Ottoman).
3. The Persian-Iranian Study programme - primarily based on a preoccupation with the Islamic period of Iranian history - with the History and culture of the Iranian cultural area concerned. Student focus is the knowledge of the Persian by is is extended way of the the classical Language Proficiency (Middle Persian, Old Persian, Avestan).
Contact Address:Department of Languages and Cultures of the Middle East
University of Heidelberg
:Karl Jaspers Centre for Advanced Transcultural Studies
Voßstraße 2, Building 4400
Room 111 (First Floor)
69115 Heidelberg Germany
Phone +49 - 6221-54 4363
Fax +49 - 6221-54 4012
Link:islamwissenschaft.uni-hd.de/turkish and Ottoman Studies