You would like to study Turkish language and Literature and/or you are totally commited to live in Netherland at the city of Utrecht abroad.
Leiden University, Leiden, Netherlands
- Faculty of Humanities
- Middle Eastern Studies
- Turkish Language and Culture Programme
Leiden University’s MA in Arabic, Persian and Turkish Languages and Cultures combines different draws on philology to history, comparative literature, religious studies and social sciences. This master provides a programme that will feature you to research enclosing the languages, history, literature and politics of the Arab, Persian and Islamic world, of Turkey and the Ottoman Empire, and that will give you the opportunity to study in both the Netherlands and Turkey by studying one semester at Leiden University and one at a university in Istanbul, Ankara or Izmir.
In addition to gaining research experience and practical turkish in Turkey or Azerbaijan, you can favour to take courses in a number of specialist areas, including:
- Ottoman and Turkish history
- Central Asian (modern) history
- Turkish linguistics
- Turkish literature
- BA degree (or equivalent) in Turkish Studies, or another relevant discipline with good results at a recognised university, and have acquired an adequate proficiency in reading Turkish, or for the Central Asia specialisation, one of the Turkic languages
- A good command of English as demonstrated by IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL 570 /230/ 88-90 (for non-native speakers of English), evidenced by means of test .
Contact address:Faculty of Humanities
Johan Huizinga Building
Doelensteeg 16, room 0.18b 2311
VL Leiden P.O. Box 9515 2300
RA Leiden /Netherlands
Tel: +31 -71- 527 2171
Fax: +31 (0)71 527 2939
Web:www.hum.leidenuniv.nl (english and dutch avaiable)