You live in New Jersey and/or do you want to study Turkish Language or Near Eastern Culture at the Princeton University abroad.
Princeton University, NJ
- Department of Near Eastern Studies
The Program in Near Eastern Studies provides students in any department of Princeton University the opportunity to study the languages, modern history, contemporary institutions, and problems of the Near East. Its purpose is to enhance a liberal education and to offer additional training for students who plan a career in that area. For this program, the Near East is defined as the entire Arab world plus the present-day states of Iran, Israel, and Turkey.
Turkish Elementary Courses and Goals:
- Thorough familiarity with all grammatical aspects of Modern Turkish;
- Reading and understanding uncomplicated authentic texts;
- Communicative skills:
- ability to satisfy routine social demands;
- ability to write about very familiar subjects;
- Translation of brief Turkish newspaper articles and short stories of moderate complexity.
Website: Turkish Course Programm
Contact adress Near Eastern Studies:
110 Jones Hall
Tel: (609) 258-4272
Fax: (609) 258-9055
Director Professor :Mr. Hanioğlu
Program Manager:Mrs Riley